Where Are the Photo Red Light Cameras Located?
Photo Red Light cameras are located at the following intersections:
- West Main Street at Maple Street E/B
- West Main Street at Maple Street W/B
- Maple Street at West Main Street N/B
- Nashville Pike at Big Station Camp E/B
- Nashville Pike at Big Station Camp W/B
- Nashville Pike at Belvedere Drive E/B
- Nashville Pike at Belvedere Drive W/B
- South Water at Airport Road N/B
How do red light cameras work?
At red light camera intersections, there are metal sensors embedded in the pavement underneath the crosswalk. These sensors are not activated until the light turns red. If a vehicle crosses the stop line after the light turns red, these sensors will detect the vehicle and trigger the cameras.
I am positive that the light was yellow when I crossed the stop line. Why did I receive a citation?
The cameras are set up with a slight delay, so that no pictures are taken until the light has been red for a short time. While it may have appeared to you that the light was yellow when you were photographed, the system does not permit such a result.
Is this technology really reliable and accurate?
The Gallatin Municipal Court has conducted extensive evidentiary hearings and determined that red-light camera technology is scientifically reliable and legally admissible in Gallatin Municipal Court cases.