Report a Crime

Crime prevention cannot be achieved by the police alone. Together professional law enforcement officers must work hand-in-hand with the public to fight crime and neighborhood disorder throughout our communities. As such, we depend heavily on your assistance in reporting crimes to the police.

Emergency: Call 911

Call 911 and ask for Police when:

  • Someone is badly injured or in danger
  • Report a rape or sexual assault
  • There's a serious risk to life or property
  • A crime is being committed and the offenders are still there or have just left
  • You've come across a major public inconvenience, such as trees blocking a highway
  • Any of these things are happening now or have just happened.

If you can't decide if it's a real emergency and you're still worried, call 911 and ask us. We'll help you work out what to do.

Auto-Dial 911

Non-Emergency: Contact Your Nearest Police Station

Phone or visit your nearest police station:

  • To report incidents or crimes that have already happened (e.g. theft) some time in the past and a rapid police response is not likely to affect the outcome
  • For general inquiries
  • Talk to an Officer
Call 615-452-1313

Neighborhood Nuisance

These are usually neighborhood nuisance situations such as overgrown grass and plants, trash, or abandoned cars. You will not receive a permanent case number.
Call 615-452-1313, ext. 3250

Reporting Crime Online or Via Email

You can NOT report most crime online or via email as you have to speak with a police officer so that we can get all the right information. Anonymously report info regarding any crime. Report info regarding persons using, selling or distributing drugs info regarding persons involved in threatening activities that may concern Homeland Security.